Government Sivagangai Medical College Hospital is housed with 500 bedded ward in two blocks with 200 beds and 300 beds respectively.
Following speciality departments provide both inpatient and out patient services to the patients
Medicine and allied specialities
· General Medicine
· Paediatric medicine
· T.B & Chest Medicine
Surgery and allied specialities
· General Surgery
· Orthopaedic Surgery
· Obstetrics and Gynaecology
· Dental Surgery
· Bio Chemistry
Hospital has the following facilities
· Advanced Operation Theatres
· Emergency 24 hour Casualty
· Trauma ward
· Intensive Care Unit
· Coronary Care Unit
· Intermediate Care
· NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
· PICU (Paediatric Intensive Care Unit)
Out Patient Services
- A separate block houses the Out-patient Services
- Outpatient timings are from 7.30AM to 12 Noon daily.
- The patients are seen separately in Male and female OPDs.
- Computerized OP tickets issuing facility is provided
- Separate counters for New and Old patients
- Separate counter for Handicapped patients
- Help Desk is available to guide the patients
- Separate OP rooms for all the departments
- Injection room, surgical dressing room, Clinical labs and Pharmacy are available in the OP block itself
- This Hospital houses a 500 bedded ward for accommodating the in-patients
- Separate ward for General medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynacology, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, TB & Chest Medicine, Dental Surgery are available
- Emergency equipments and drugs are available in every ward for better health care service to the patients.
- Casualty block is situated at the entrance of 300 bedded ward and the OP ticket is given at the entrance around the clock
- Emergency Casualty care for accident victims, poison victims, acute cardiac patients and pregnancy related problems are provided round the clock
- Casualty block is equipped with sufficient life saving equipments and drugs such as ventilators, Defibrillators, Patient Monitoring systems etc.
- Comprehensive Emergency Obstetric Neonatal Care –is a special centre funded by Tamilnadu health System Project (TNHSP) to bring down the Maternal Mortality rate and to provide better neonatal care and specialized care for the pregnant women at the time of delivery.
108 Ambulance Service
- The 108 Emergency Ambulance Service is a 24x7 service, which anyone can avail by dialling the number 108 on their phone during the case of any emergency.
- This service facilitates to bring the patient in need for emergency health care in time, thus saving life of a patient.
CMCHIS (Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme)
- Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme is a novel scheme initiated by Government of Tamilnadu to provide a tertiary level health care to the poor.
- A separate air-conditioned ward with dedicated team of Doctors, Nurses and Paramedical staff are available round the clock to provide better Medical and surgical treatment.