|DEPARTMENT OF PAEDIATRICS
Department of Paediatric Medicine functions with the expertise of the Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Senior residents and Junior residents.
Case Demonstration rooms.
Child welfare Clinic.
Child guidance clinic
Child Rehabilitation Clinic
Single ward with 30 beds each for 2 Units.
A well equipped PICU
A well equipped NICU
Room for duty doctors & Students
Nurses duty room
Examination & Treatment room
III. Clinical demonstration room
IV.Room for library/ Seminar Room with seating capacity of 50 students.
A dedicated and spirited Journey of our department began on 01.03.2012.
A Proud moment when the Government Sivagangai Medical College established in this soil, From then on, the department started rendering its Services to the poor and needy children of the society.
We have embarked our journey with a vision to provide healing touch to our precious future generation and to excel in academic activities and pediatric research and to make this hospital one of the best teaching institution in India.
We keep our hospital ever child friendly and we extend affectionate touch to any child entering the hospital.
OUT PATIENT SERVICES - 7.30 AM - 12.00 Noon
IN PATIENT SERVICES - 24 x 7 hrs
- Paediatric Services with a bed strength of 25
- Neonatal Care NICU: 24 x 7hrs Bed Strength of 12
NEONATAL CARE :(NICU)
Our NICU funded by NRHM and supported by EKAM Foundation Equipped with enough number of radiant warmers, Incubators & Phototherapy unit
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: ON ALL DAYS
EMERGECY SERVICES : 24 x 7 hrs
WELL BABY CLINIC : Every Monday
- Fully functioning & equipped special Newborn care unit catering newborn services for all babies delivered in GMCH & in nearby Districts.
- Specialized Level I, Level II & Level III care.
- 24 hours Availability of Pediatricians for effective Management.
- Specially trained staff nurses under NRHM scheme for effective management of babies.
- Ventilatory support & CPAP Ventilation for sick babies.
- Surfactant therapy for Preterm babies & Babies with Respiratory distress.
- Phototherapy for babies with Neonatal Jaundice.
- Immunization services for all babies.
- Well baby clinic
- Follow up of sick & Preterm babies discharged from NICU
- Special investigations & Higher Antibiotics for babies inneed through NRHM funds.
- 25 Bedded Pediatrics Ward.
- Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit (PICU) to handle & treat all emergencies.